Saturday 12 April 2014

Dairy Free Brownies!


Yay I've been baking! It's too early to do Easter Cupcakes, plus I forgot to bring all my cupcake goodies back :( boo. I don't know why, I just had a massive craving for some brownies. I haven't ever been a fan of brownies (don't ask why) but I must of smelt or seen some somewhere and it's been in the back of my mind since. 

I used a recipe I found online for dairy free brownies but I only ever use these as a guide. 

What you'll need: 

125g Dairy Free Margarine ( I used Pure) 
100g Dairy Free Chocolate ( or near enough, 70% green and black works well or Dark Divine)
50g Ground Almonds
80g Cocoa
300g Caster Sugar
4 Medium Eggs
Dash of Vanilla Essence 
& any extras you like. I added some broken Almond pieces and some chocolate chunks :) 

Method:

  1. Pre heat the oven to 180/160 fan
  2. Grease and line a square baking tin.. they say 25cm ( I just used an average baking tray) 
  3. In a large glass heat proof bowl, place the chocolate and margarine in and set over a pan of simmering water 
  4. Let it melt and stir until glossy and set aside
  5. In a bowl mix the cocoa, flour, sugar & almonds then pour in the chocolate mixture- very thick
  6. Whisk the eggs in a bowl or cup and add to the bowl, mix until smooth and silky!
  7. Add a dash of vanilla essence and any extras i.e. nuts/raisins/chocolate chips!
  8. Pour into the tin and cook for 25 mins. It should have a crusty top with a soft bottom. 
  9. Allow to cool- it will take a while. Then cut into slices and store :) 



MMMmmm!! So so good :) 

Kathryn xx

4 comments:

  1. You make me want to bake Kathryn! These look so yummy.
    Hannah | twoforjoy | xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ah they are so simple to bake :) and so so goood

      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh these look and sound divine! Thank you for the recipe ad I'm trying to cut out dairy from my diet so these will be ideal xx

    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah good luck, hope you like them if you do decide to make them (:

      xx

      Delete