Wednesday 12 February 2014

Valentines Baking Ideas

According to my parents there is only one way to a mans heart... through food.
With this in mind and my love for baking, it is not surprising that yes I probably will be either baking some Valentines cupcakes or making some sweet treats for the boyfriend. I thought I would share a few of my favourite baking ideas that I have seen which are perfect for valentines day!
First up are these adorable heart cake pops found on Bakerella's blog. These are sooo cute and if you keep scrolling down there is a recipe for turning these into little strawberries. I have attempted cake pops but I can't say I have had much luck so over Summer I will try and improve my cake pop skills!

 Bake at 350 provide a recipe for this beautiful Made With Love Stamped Almond Shortbread Cookies. It is a very simple, yet affective recipe and even if you dont have the stamp you could cut using a heart cookie cutter or an 'I <3 U' cutter if you prefer!


Birds Like Cake has baked these cute heart shaped red velvet whoppie pies which are perfect for a quick snack. In addition how cute are these simple yet beautiful cupcakes! I have yet to try baking a 'Red Velvet Cupcake' mainly because the dairy free recipes just don't appeal to me. I am sure there are plenty of Valentine styles cupcakes out there but I think these look lovely with a quick swirl and a tiny heart on top!

 Mmmm... two desserts in one! BruCrew Life have created a recipe that includes both Cheesecake and Brownies, what more would you other half want!


1 comment: