Saturday 24 August 2013

Cake Pops

What a mess.

 These so called 'cake pops' sound like the easiest little things to do however, they are not. Seeing as my parents destroyed my birthday cake (they are still yet to tell me what happened), the guilt made them buy me a set of cake pop molds and sticks :). 



I used a normal cupcake mix and placed on the bottom of the silicone mold and placed the top on top so that the cakes rise into the molds, however next time I think I shall add a bit of baking powder to give it an extra rise. After this I used chocolate on the sticks and stuck them into the cake after they had cooled and placed in the fridge for 10 minutes to set, then you 'simply' cover the balls with dark chocolate or whatever chocolate you have and decorate :). 

Yeah its really not as simple as that, firstly they are so difficult to keep standing if you don't have a holder , then the chocolate gets everywhere, they fall into each other and then they melt and the cake falls off the stick. 

Its safe to say I think I'll stick to baking cupcakes! :) 

Enough of moaning, here are some photos! xxx