Wednesday 17 July 2013

Peanut Butter & Jam Cupcakes

So today I decided to try and replicate my love for Peanut Butter & Jelly (Jam) in a cupcake form. This is probably an either love it or hate it cupcake but seeing as its my favourite spread on toast I went with it. Feel free to read how I made them, bare in mind I've yet to try one (however the frosting is amazing!)

Step 1

Bake 12 cupcakes in the oven at 180 degrees C for 20-25 mins until golden brown and have a springy feel when you touch them. 

Recipe: This is how all my cupcake recipes start


Measure 3 medium sized eggs and then measure the butter, self raising flour and caster sugar to the weight of those 3 eggs. Simple. 
Cream the butter (Pure Soya Margarine) and sugar together, then add the eggs one by one. Sieve and fold in the flour. 
I would add a few dashes of vanilla essence here however I didn't realise I ran out! 

Step 2:

 Once cooked and cooled, use either one of these cupcake cutters if you have one or an apple core to remove the centre of the cake. 
Stir some jam in a bowl till runny and smooth and pour into the hole till it is half full then insert back the cake. 




Step 3: Peanut Butter Icing! 

Recipe:

 I can't explain to you how bad I am with creating buttercream icing using measurements, instead its a taste and add job.


You will need: Organic Smooth Peanut Butter with No Added Sugar
Stork Butter Block
Icing Sugar

Using 3/4 of the blocked butter, cream until smooth then add a couple of tablespoons of Peanut Butter (or to taste). Once creamed together add the icing sugar and carefully mix together. I have never measured icing sugar before as it just goes everywhere so add quite a bit and mix until you get a nice texture that isn't too soft or too lumpy. 



Step 4: Decorate!

 I use the Wilton 1m Icing Tip to pipe with. Either pipe centre outwards to form a rose swirl or out inwards to form the typical cupcake swirl. Drizzle some jam over and add some crushed hazelnuts if you want :) 


And Voila

x







No comments:

Post a Comment