Saturday 20 July 2013

Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes- FAIL.



As the post name suggests, these were an utter fail. For once I decided that it would be sensible to follow a recipe for a Lemon Cheesecake Cupcake as I wanted to know how people made them dairy free. Blergh, never again. I had to use Soya Cream Cheese and Trex, which is a block of vegetable fat to make the icing and put soya milk in with the cupcake mixture. 

I knew it would be a fail as soon as I put soya milk and lemon juice in with the cupcake mixture as I had never done this before and knowing me it would go completely wrong. Thinking positive I took them out of the oven, had they risen? no, are they golden? nope, more like burnt

Burnt cake with Lemon Marmalade 
I then opened the Soya cream cheese and not to my surprise it stank, mixed in with the cheese was Trex, soya margarine and as much icing sugar as possible to make the buttercream icing however it was still runny, by this time I had given up and piped the cakes. So here are my awful attempt at Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes- using a recipe :(  
Sprinkled with a crumble mixture and Lemon Zest
Lesson learnt. Always stick to what you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment