Wednesday 31 July 2013

Ferrero Rocher

Well that 'no baking' thing lasted a long time... My Mocha cakes were handed out here there and everywhere which meant my dad had no cakes to take to work and seeing as I read an article for my dissertation I felt like it was a necessity to bake some cakes! :)


My taster aka Dad had the first taste of these cakes and he said they were beautiful! Phew, it was a very made up recipe and the icing was a bit of a mish-mash but at least it paid off.

The cake is a chocolate sponge, I won't post about this as its in my previous posts. Once they had cooled I used my favorite cupcake tool (other than my Wilton 1m tip) to remove the centre and fill with chocolate spread. I use Antony Worrall Thompsons chocolate spread which is of course dairy free and tastes exactly, if not better than Nutella with one branched hazelnut in the middle.






Now for the frosting. I was planning on creating chocolate ganche but although there are some dairy free recipes out there they use coconut milk and I just didn't fancy using that. So instead I made a chocolate fudge frosting.

So to make this frosting you will need:

100grams of plain/milk chocolate
2 tablespoons of milk (soya milk )
50 grams of butter (Stork)
75 grams of icing sugar

Place the chocolate, milk and butter in a small saucepan and heat gently. Once all the chocolate and butter have melted remove from the heat and stir in the icing sugar until smooth.
I used a small star shaped nozzle to pipe the frosting and sprinkled with crushed hazlenuts :)